Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Sweet Potato with Balsamic Honey Glaze
Crunchy, bitter-sweet and delicious! This tasty side-dish is a must for the holidays or any time this fall.
BY VERONICA BRANDY
Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Sweet Potato with Balsamic Honey Glaze – Wonderfully homey and comforting! Traditionally bitter brussels sprouts are roasted with sweet potatoes and tossed in a flavorful, easy-to-make, honey balsamic glaze that sweetens the deal! A mix of pecans adds a delicious crunch to nutritious and tasty side-dish you can serve for the holidays. Enjoy!
INGREDIENTS LIST FOR THE ROASTED BRUSSELS SPROUTS
1. Preheat your oven to 450°F (230ºC). Toss brussels sprouts and oil in a large bowl; season with salt and black pepper. Repeat the same process with sweet potato.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Arrange brussels sprout cut side down on one side of the baking sheet. Arrange to sweet potato on the other side. Roast Brussels sprouts and sweet potato on the bottom rack until softened and deeply browned, approx. 20–25 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring honey to a simmer over medium heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring often with a wooden spoon, until honey is a deep amber color but not burnt, 3–4 minutes.
4. Remove honey from heat and add vinegar and red pepper flakes (if using), and whisk until smooth – Be careful it can make bubbles when you add vinegar. Return the saucepan to medium heat, add butter and a pinch of salt. Cook, whisking constantly, until the balsamic honey glaze is glossy, bubbling, and slightly thickened, about 3–4 minutes.
5. Transfer roasted brussels sprouts and sweet potato to a large bowl. Add glaze, pecan, and scallions and toss to combine.
Transfer to a platter or a serving bowl. Enjoy!